Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 19, 2013

My thoughts - Lance Armstrong

 

Anticipation, Curiosity, Expectation, Open, Honesty, Integrity....

OPRAH Nailed this interview. Great research, great questions, excellent job Harpo staff!

Twitter was a buzz, Facebook was a buzz, news channels around the world were a buzz, sports associations were a buzz, and sponsers were a buzz.

What is all the chatter about? Unless you have been under a rock, you probably know what I am talking about. Lance Armstrong and Oprah Winfrey sat down together this past week and had an in depth interview about his doping scandal. The world anticipated the unknown, would he come out and admit to doping, or would he not!? My feeling was that he was ready to open up with the truth. 

For the past two days, I've sat there and watch Twitter, and Facebook blow up surrounding the interview. It was interesting to see everyone's opinions and thoughts. There were some comments that I agreed with wholeheartedly and there were others that were just down right mean. There was definitely a mix of believers and non-believers. 

My initial opinion on Part 1 of the interview was disappointment, he came off as a narcissistic arrogant guy, who had a sense of entitlement. I wanted to see remorse, sadness, humility, and honesty. I felt he was holding back. But through the entire 1st interview I kept searching for something to grab onto but I didn't see it. When I was tweeting with others, I had mixed emotions, a few of my tweets were;

"Although I do not agree about the previous lies, I appreciate and respect your truth now" @lancearmstrong #OWNTV @Oprah"

"@Oprah I do think there is some questions that could have been answered more clearly, I want to believe in him." 

@Oprah People make mistakes, sometimes huge mistakes, but who r we as human beings if we can't forgive? #OWNTV

(After Part 2)

"@SheriSalata That is what I was looking for yesterday, I wanted to be open & sympathetic but after his demeanor it was difficult #OWNTV"

"Seeing some emotion now, #Livestrong was like his 6th baby #OWNTV

I was more satisfied with his answers in Part 2 of the interview, he seemed more sincere and remorseful to his family. I needed to see emotional defeat. He needs to carry the emotion that he had about his family throughout this whole up and coming process. As Oprah exclaimed, "The Truth Will Set You Free".

My closing statements...Lance you did not do anything to me, so for that there is no need to apologize. It is within yourself, please find the strength and courage to stand in your truth, you need it, and your kids need it. You defied the odds with your cancer, and you beat it, you've had challenges before, and you overcame them. I want to honor you for having the courage to be ready to work through this process.  

P.S. Lance just in case you do read this blog....
 

This is a long shot, but, I am involved with #ItTakes2, a Not-For-Profit organization for Youth Leadership. I would like to invite you to ride with us across Canada for youth at risk. We give teens a chance to change their story and triumph over all adversities. I welcome and invite you, come change your story with us. Let's Go, Up and Onward!

Check out our trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnvuT832U5Y

Thanks for stopping by...Much Love Shelley xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment